Monday, October 24, 2011

Writing Process

My writing process is very sporadic, I sit down in 30 minute intervals, writing down what comes to my mind, it a very free flow process, and if I sit down and write for too long my focus on the main plot of my stories begin to get lost in the detail.  It is very easy for me to get side tracked from the main plot, which is why I tend to get up and take a break every so often. My favorite writer who happens to be Ian Fleming, tends to focus on heavy detailing and his writing process would be going to Jamaica for weeks at a time, and all he would do all day is just sit at the typewriter and type all day.

http://www.hiwrite.com/ian.html
HIs wife made him write

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this. I think that for creative writing there is a point of diminishing returns that arrives much more quickly than with other kind of work. It's smart to be disciplined about breaks.

    ReplyDelete