Thursday, December 22, 2011

Group workshopping

Group workshops helped me direct my focus when going back to do revisions and adding on to my stories to the sections people weren't focusing on as heavy so that attention would be drawn to every page of the work.  What was also helpful was feedback on characters dialogue, making the characters seem more fluid and different from each other is what can draw readers in further.  Writing is about immersing a reader into the story and group workshop really helped pull my focus to that, instead of writing for myself, I was writing for my characters and what they would do or say.  A skill like being able to focus on the nuances of my main character was important to me when it came to my last story and the final group workshop we did really helped me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment